Step 1: Explore your options
- Find the schools in your attendance zone – Online or at the Admissions Office.
Note: LeConte is a district-wide Two Way Immersion School. Students from any zone may apply.
- Register and visit school(s) of interest during months of November-January
Visitation Schedule PDF: English | Español
- Attend the Informational Fair for Kindergarten & New Families:
Saturday, Dec. 3, 2016, 10am-1pm at LeConte Elementary, 2241 Russell St., Berkeley
Information Fair Flyer PDF: English | Español
- Learn more at school Kindergarten Information Nights in January.
Informational Night PDF: English | Español
Step 2: Submit your application in person with the required documents
Applications for 2017-18 can be submitted to the Admissions Office starting in January, 2017.
Parent Preference Forms / Forma de Preferencia para Padres:
Must be printed on legal-sized paper, or picked up in the Admissions Office.
Hay que copiar la forma en un papel de tamaño legal.
- See Required Enrollment Documentation for details.
- Applications and required documentation are due on or before the first Friday in February for participation in the first round of 2016-17 school lottery assignments: Friday, February 3, 2017.
Although the first application period has passed, you may contact the Admissions Office to file an application at any time.
Step 3: Receive your school assignment by mail
Mailing includes information required to move on to Step 4.
Step 4: Register at your assigned school
Remember to bring:
- Proof of immunization
- Copy of latest report card, transcript or some kind of grade proof (if entering 2nd–5th grade)
Students entering kindergarten and first grade must also bring the following:
- A CHDP (California Health and Disability Prevention) form signed by a physician
- An Oral Health Assessment form signed by a dental professional