Enrollment Check List
Read the following carefully:
Incomplete forms are not accepted. Please make sure ALL items are checked off of your list.
We will not accept forms via mail, fax or email
- 1. Parent Preference Form (obtained from our office or printed on legal size paper)
- 2. Student’s original birth certificate
- 3. Three proofs of Berkeley residency
Only the following proofs are acceptable and must be current originals (dated within the last 2 months) imprinted with the name and current Berkeley address of the parent/legal guardian.
One must be a utility from the following list: (Must provide entire bill)
__ Phone (non-cellular)
Two from the following list: (Cannot be from the same category.)
__ California Driver’s License or California ID (with current residency address)
__ Current bank statement
__ Action letter from Social Services, CA State or Federal Offices
__ Recent paycheck stub or letter from employer on official company letterhead confirming residency address
__ One additional utility (Must provide entire bill)
A caregiver form must be completed when a student resides with someone other than their parents.
Homeless families should contact Nancy Johnson in Room 8, or call her at 644-6529.
After receiving your student’s assignment you must take the following documents to the school (this usually happens in April/May for K-8 students who apply by the February deadline).
1. Proof of immunization for polio, DPT (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis), measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis B and chickenpox is required by STATE LAW.
2 Proof of the whooping cough booster immunization (Tdap) given on or after the 7th birthday, and a second measles vaccine (or MMR) is required for all students in grades 7-12. More school health information is available here.
3. Copy of latest report card, transcript or some kind of grade proof (if entering 2nd – 12th grade)
Students entering kindergarten and first grade must also bring the following:
1. A CHDP (California Health and Disability Prevention) form signed by a physician.
2. An Oral Health Assessment form signed by a dental professional.
Immunizations are offered by the City of Berkeley Health Department Immunization Clinic at 830 University Ave (corner of 6th St) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-4 p.m. Their phone number is 510-981-5350.