The Essentials for Excellence!
$25 Million per Year to our Schools = 20% of our Budget
BSEP is Tightly Woven into the Fabric of our Schools:
- 1/3 of teachers provided through Class Size Reduction fund – $14.0M
- School Site Discretionary Funds: about $230 per student – $2.4M
- Technology, Professional Development, Program Evaluation – $2.3M
- Middle School Counselors, Expanded Course Offerings, Program Support – $2.0M
- School Libraries: staff and materials for 17 schools – $1.5M
- Music Program: staff and instruments for all students 4th-8th grade – $1.6M
- Public Information, Translation, School & District Committee Support – $0.5M
Read more about the purposes funded by the current BSEP Measure (Measure A of 2006).
Our Current BSEP Measure Expires in 2016:
- 2/3 Voter Approval needed for Special Parcel Tax – Prior measures in 1986, 1994, 2004, 2006 passed by over 72%
- Higher commercial property rate no longer permitted – BSEP loses nearly $3M unless residential rate equalizes in 2016