Teaching Positions

Berkeley Unified is a great place to grow your education career. A vibrant, relatively small urban school district, we have a range of resources from the generous parcel tax courtesy of Berkeley voters to the many departments at UC Berkeley, all located in the temperate climes of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Teaching positions require a valid teaching credential from the state. If you have an out-of-state credential, we can give you information about the steps to take to get a valid California credential.

We accept applications for substitute teachers in person and on EdJoin.org.

The Human Resources Department is located at 2020 Bonar St 2nd floor, Berkeley, CA. For questions, please phone (510) 644-6150.

To be eligible to apply for a substitute position, an applicant must have a valid emergency substitute teacher permit or valid California teaching credential. Applicants with a bachelor degree who have passed CBEST who do not possess a valid California teaching credential may apply for a substitute teacher permit. Candidates interested in obtaining an emergency teaching permit can find more information on www.ctc.ca.gov.

Please refer to the ED-JOIN Website for BUSD Teaching job listings.