2020 Bonar Street, Suite 234, Berkeley, CA 94702
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Kimberle Sanders, Risk Management and Benefits Supervisor
Welcome to the BUSD Risk Management web page. This site serves as your clearinghouse for all things related to risk and insurance. You’ll find requests for certificates of insurance, forms related to on the job injuries, links to safety and compliance training, and so much more.
The Workers’ Compensation Third Party Administrator has been changed to Intercare! Click here for more information.
Company Nurse (Injury Hotline / Nurse Triage)
Call: 877.247.1447 Group Code: BRKLY (Berkeley Unified employees only)
Company Nurse provides immediate access to health care advice from a Registered Nurse 24 hour per day, 7 day per week for employees who believe they have been injured on the job.
Please report all work-related injuries and illnesses to your immediate supervisor within 24 hours whenever possible.
Policies and Forms
Risk Management Downloadable Forms
- Request for Proof of Insurance (for Field Trips, etc.)
- Report of Hazard [RM-01]
- Safety Suggestion Form
- Claim for Damages
Workers’ Compensation Downloadable Forms
- Report of Incident [RM-03]
- Witness Statement [RM-04]
- Supervisor’s Report of Investigation [RM-05]
- Workers Compensation Claim Form [DWC-1]
- Acknowledgement of Receipt
- Notice to Employees [DWC-7]
- Facts about Workers’ Compensation
- Aviso a los Empleados [DWC-7]
- Información Acerca de la Compensación de Trabajadores
Target Safety provides online safety and compliance training. Use the link above if you have been provided a login and password. If you are a Berkeley Unified School District employee and need a login, contact Risk Management at email@example.com.