With a focus on building more effective committees, the annual training for School Site Committees included topics such as Tools for Building Site Plans, Survey Design, Strengthening ELACs, an LCAP Update, as well as roundtable discussions on Inclusive and Effective Committees and Building Bridges across Berkeley High Communities. For a sampling of the presentations, click on the links below:
The annual training workshops, originally designed for School Site/Governance Council members has now expanded to include representatives from ELACs, DELAC, PTAs, the newly-formed PAC, and the Berkeley High BSEP Committee, PTSA and BHSDG members. Over a hundred parents and staff attended, many for the first time and with fresh perspectives.
- SGC Toolbox #1: Orientation for New SGC Members & Chairs on How to Build Site Plans
- Effective & Inclusive School and District Committees: Roundtable Discussion
- Coaching for Success: Literacy, English Language Development, and RtI2
- Strengthening our ELACs and DELAC
- Berkeley High Roundtable on Building Bridges Across Committees and Communities
- SGC Toolbox #2: Survey Design and the Role of Data for SGCs
- School Climate: Welcoming Schools, Family Engagement and Equity, The Social-Emotional Toolbox
- Update on LCAP: What’s in the Plan?
- It’s a New Day, the BTA Way: Meeting for BTA Parent Leaders
You can review information provided at last year’s training here.
*School and district committees include staff, faculty, and parents serving on leadership committees including:
- School Governance Councils (SGCs)
- English Learner Advisory Committees (ELAC)
- PTA and PTSA Leadership
- Berkeley High School Site Council (SSC)
- Berkeley High BSEP Committee
- Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) and
- District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)