Congratulations to Cherene Fillingim-Selk and several other BUSD elementary science teachers chosen as 2017 Super Star Teachers by the nonprofit Community Resources for Science, which provides support for teachers from BUSD and other local districts.
Fillingim-Selk, a science specialist at Cragmont and John Muir, is one of five teachers chosen as “Exemplars of Excellence” from five local districts (Berkeley, Castro Valley, Fremont, Oakland and West Contra Costa).
The Exemplars of Excellence awardees and honorees in other categories are to be honored Thursday evening, March 16, at Community Resources for Science’s 20-year celebration, “It’s Elementary,” 6-9 p.m., at the Ed Roberts Campus, 3075 Adeline St., Berkeley.
Here’s the full list of this year’s BUSD honorees from the Community Resources for Science:
Berkeley Arts Magnet
- Suzanne Wright
- Meredith Aki – Trailblazer
- Mollie Blustein
- Pamela Deibel – Trailblazer
- Sara Ellberg – Trailblazer
- Cherene Fillingim-Selk – Science Resource Teacher & Exemplar of Excellence Honoree
- Cathie Irwin
- Michelle Johnson – Trailblazer
- Bobbye Smith – Trailblazer
- Eleanor Tiglao – Trailblazer
- Bethany Lourie – Science Resource Teacher
- Carrie Johnston – Trailblazer
More information can be found in the Community Resources for Science press release.