Congratulations to the six new recipients of the annual WE CARE service awards for Berkeley Unified School District classified employees.
This year’s honorees are:
- Jimmy Hoang, IT Specialist
- Joseph Oduah, Special Education / Instructional Assistant
- Joseph Olison, Nutrition Services Assistant
- Victoria Teicher, Cooking Instructional Specialist
- Stephen Thysell, School Bus Driver
- Ben Zohar, Senior Budget Analyst
The awards were presented at the April 24 School Board meeting.
Managers provided comments about each of the winners during the awards presentation, which can be accessed on the YouTube video of the meeting beginning at 33:14 on the recording.
Recipients are chosen by BUSD management for demonstrating the WE CARE values of Willingness, Empathy, Consistency, Aptitude, Responsiveness and Effectiveness in 2018.
The awards – the brainchild of former Deputy Superintendent Javetta Cleveland – have been presented to 70 employees since their inauguration in 2012.