BUSD is seeking seven community members to serve on the Facilities Safety and Maintenance Oversight Committee for Measure H.
Oversight Committee Purpose
Because the District elected to pursue elections under the provisions, State law requires the District to establish a Citizens’ Oversight Committee appointed by the District’s Board of Trustees. The Committee purposes are:
- To provide proper oversight and accountability to ensure that Measure H is used as it was intended.
- To report to members of the community on the progress of Measure H.
Oversight Committee Duties
Duties of the Committee will include:
- Ensure Parcel Tax funds are spent only on as the language of the Measure intended.
- Receive and review copies of the annual performance and financial audits of Measure H expenditures.
- Provide information to the public on the progress of expenditures of Parcel Tax funds.
No employee or officer of the District may serve on the Committee, nor may any vendor, contractor or consultant of the District serve on the Committee. (Education Code Section 15282)
Community members seeking to serve on the Facilities Safety and Maintenance Oversight Committee for Measure H can apply by filling out the questionnaire. The application deadline is January 15.