A national search is underway for the next principal of Berkeley High School. District staff and Berkeley High School (BHS) staff have partnered with The Cosca Group, an executive search firm specialized in educational leadership, to handle the recruitment and networking process. Dr. David Brown and Dr. Lynne Kennedy bring valuable expertise to our search team.
Here is a general timeline and overview of the steps being taken to choose a finalist on or around April 10, 2015.
- Meetings with students, staff, parents, and community members to gather information about our community and the qualities desired in the next high school principal.
- Input sessions for parents on Saturday, Jan. 17 at 10 am (in the BHS library).
- Online questionnaire for parents, teachers, staff, students, and community members to answer three critical questions being asked as part of the community outreach. Online feedback form will be open until January 23, 2015.
- Job announcement postings made to various education recruitment channels, including Edjoin, statewide through Ed Cal, the leading educational administration monthly/website in California, and nationally through the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) website.
January – February
- BUSD Superintendent, Assistant Superintendents, and The Cosca Group search team use professional networks, conduct personal outreach, and recruit potential candidates who fit the desired leader profile to submit an application.
- Application deadline is March 6, 2015.
- Review of applications, initial screening of qualifications and fitness for position, followed by invitation to interview conducted March 9-13.
- First round of interviews held March 16-20.
- Second round of interview held March 23-27.
- Announce a finalist (on or around April 10).