Step 1: Explore your options
- Find the schools in your attendance zone – Online or at the Admissions Office.
Note: Sylvia Mendez is a district-wide Two Way Immersion School. Students from any zone may apply.
- Register and visit school(s) of interest during the months of November-January.
Visitation Schedule PDF: English | Español
- Attend the Informational Fair for Kindergarten & New Families on Saturday, December 1, 2018.
Information Fair Flyer PDF: English | Español
- Learn more at Kindergarten Information Nights in January.
Informational Night PDF: English | Español
Step 2: Submit your application in person with the required documents
- See the Required Enrollment Documentation page for details: www.berkeleyschools.net/departments/berkeley-school-admissions/required-enrollment-documentation/
- Applications and required documentation are due on or before the first Friday in February for participation in the first round of school lottery assignments.
Although the first application period has passed, you may contact the Admissions Office to file an application at any time.
Step 3: Receive your school assignment by mail
Mailing includes information required to move on to Step 4.
Step 4: Register at your assigned school
Remember to bring:
- Assignment letter
- Parent ID
- Proof of immunization
- Copy of latest report card, transcript or some kind of grade proof (if entering 2nd–5th grade)
Students entering kindergarten and first grade must also bring the following: