What is SchoolMessenger InfoCenter?
InfoCenter provides access to all the messages sent by your Berkeley Unified school(s).
It also allows you to customize how you receive communications from your school(s) – email, voice, and text (new!).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?
Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. You must use the email address that your Berkeley Unified school uses to contact you. Follow these three easy steps:
- Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger IC app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market (SchoolMessenger InfoCenter). You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
- Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
- After confirming your registration through your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What’s in InfoCenter?
Once you’ve created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View your contact information, and configure how you’d like to receive notifications (email, phone, text).
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your students.
Types of Notifications:
- There are three types of notifications:
- Emergency (further broken down to school day and non-school day notifications)
- Attendance (Note: unlike the PowerSchool notifications, which are real-time, SchoolMessenger attendance notifications are once a day around 6pm)
- You may choose a different mode of communication depending on the type. For example, you might want text (SMS) notifications of emergencies, but only emails for school events.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your students will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications on your SmartPhone.