All Berkeley Unified Staff can now look up their Pay, Leave Balances, W-2’s and address of record by logging into https://ess.berkeley.net:29295
2018 W-2 forms are available online. Physical copies will be mailed soon.
ESS — Employee Self-Service system is available from the district, your home or any other location where you can get on the internet during the hours of 8am to 10pm, seven days a week. The Employee Self-Service system has the following information:
- Address information
- Leave information
- Payroll information (recent paychecks)
- W-2 information
The information is read-only – there is no way to change the information. If you need to change your address or other information contact Human Resources. It is known as Employee Self-Service — ESS.
Things you should know before proceeding:
- Your W-2 will be mailed to the address shown. This is not the place to change it. If you have moved, fill out a change of address form in the HR department.
- Your absence certificate information is only as accurate as the certificates that have made their way to the HR department and been entered.
For example, if you take a week vacation, and submit the Absence Certificate on the day you return, it will take a some time for your supervisor to sign the Absence Cert and then for it to get to HR and be entered.
To begin, you must establish an account in the Employee Self-Service server. After your account is created, you can return at any time by just clicking on login. NOTE: ESS is slow, so be patient as you go through each step.
How to set up an account:
You will need to know the following information in order to set up an account:
- The last 4 digits of your social security number
- Your date of birth
- Your employee ID number. You can find your employee number on your direct deposit slip or or your pay stub.
Note: Next time you visit, you will click login.
– Last four digits of your Social Security number
– Your employee id number (you can find this on any pay stub)
– Your date of birth
Then, enter your desired login name and password. Use something you will remember. You may want to use a login similar to your @berkeley.net account. Make sure you store your password in a password manager or your phone so you don’t forget it.
The tabs provide read-only access to the data. Address information is from the system; contact HR to change. Leave information may not reflect recent absences.
The six Tabs are: Personnel Info, Pay History, Leave, W2/ACAs. (The other tabs are not active.) Click on the W2/ACA tab.
Then click on 2018 to open the PDF of your W-2. ESS is slow — be patient, especially this time of year. You can then print or save your W-2.
Next time you visit, you will click login rather than register.
If you have problems, please submit a helpdesk ticket at helpdesk.berkeley.net