All Berkeley Unified Staff can now look up their Pay, Leave Balances, W-2’s and address of record by logging into https://ess.berkeley.net:29295
ESS — Employee Self-Service system is available from the district, your home or any other location where you can get on the internet during the hours of 8am to 10pm, seven days a week. The Employee Self-Service system has the following information:
- Address information
- Leave information
- Payroll information (recent paychecks)
- W-2 information
In our efforts to become a paperless District that is more efficient, Direct Deposit stubs will no longer be mailed to home addresses beginning August 1, 2019. You are able to view and print your stubs directly via ESS.
If you have already registered with ESS and need your password reset, please enter a helpdesk request at helpdesk.berkeley.net
Things you should know before proceeding:
- The information is read-only – there is no way to change the information. If you need to change your address or other information contact Human Resources.
- Your absence certificate information is only as accurate as the certificates that have made their way to the HR department and been entered.For example, if you take a week vacation, and submit the Absence Certificate on the day you return, it will take a some time for your supervisor to sign the Absence Cert and then for it to get to HR and be entered.
To begin, you must establish an account in the Employee Self-Service server. After your account is created, you can return at any time by just clicking on login. NOTE: ESS is slow, so be patient as you go through each step.
How to set up an account:
You will need to know the following information in order to set up an account:
- The last 4 digits of your social security number
- Your date of birth
- Your employee ID number. You can find your employee number on your direct deposit slip or or your pay stub.
To begin registration, go to https://ess.berkeley.net:29295. You can click on the link, or copy and paste the URL into Google Chrome or another web browser. If this is your first time on the site, click register.
Note: Next time you visit, you will click login.
– Last four digits of your Social Security number
– Your employee id number (you can find this on any pay stub)
– Your date of birth
Click on My Info on the left hand side below the picture.
The tabs provide read-only access to the data. Address information is from the system; contact HR to change. Leave information may not reflect recent absences.