Berkeley Unified is one of 15 districts that partner with the Contra Costa Office of Education Teacher Induction Program. Teachers who hold a preliminary teaching credential and are employed in a partner district of CCCOE Teacher Induction Program must participate in of CCCOE Teacher Induction Program to earn their professional clear credential. The Teacher Induction Program was formerly known as BTSA.
What is the Teacher Induction Program?
The Teacher Induction Program is a district-funded program designed to support the professional development of newly-credentialed teachers and fulfill the requirements for a California Clear Multiple Subject Credential, a California Clear Single Subjects Credential or a California Clear Ed Specialist Credential. The newly-credentialed participating teachers receive:
- Weekly individualized, job-embedded mentor support.
- An opportunity to increase student learning.
- An opportunity to reflect upon their development as a teacher with another professional.
- A Clear California Teaching Credential upon successful completion of the program.
What Teachers who participated in the Teacher Induction Program had to say:
“Meeting with my mentor was great. She was there to guide me through the process of my plan, and she helped me to recognize my strengths.”
“My mentor helped me feel validated. That validation helped me to drive student growth as I prepared for my lessons and refined my skills.”
Who’s eligible to participate?
A teacher may be eligible to participate in the Teacher Induction Program if he or she possesses one of the following:
- Holds a preliminary single or multiple subject credential or a preliminary Ed Specialist credential.
- Has completed a teaching internship and has earned a preliminary credential.
- Holds an out-of-state teaching credential with less than two years of experience.
Already participating in the Teacher Induction Program?
Teachers currently participating in BTSA can find many of the resources they need at here.
Questions about the Teacher Induction Program?
Teacher Induction Coordinator