This webpage is being built with links to forms, policies, and administrative regulations that may be needed by employees of the District.
Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse
Many school district employees fall under the requirements of the State’s Penal Code requiring by law the reporting of any cases of suspected child abuse to the police department, sheriff’s department, or the County Welfare Department.
Section 11166 of the Penal Code requires any child care custodian, medical practitioner, or employee of a child protective agency who has knowledge of or observes a child in his or her professional capacity or within the scope of his or her employment who he or she knows or reasonably suspects has been the victim of child abuse, to report the known or suspected instance of child abuse to a child protective agency immediately or as soon as practically possible by telephone and to prepare and send a written report thereof within 36 hours of receiving the information concerning the incident.
“Child Care Custodian” includes teachers, licensed day care workers, administrators of community care facilities licensed to care for children, foster parents, and group home personnel. Please read the PDF of reporting instructions and access the reporting form below.
Sexual Harassment Policy and Reporting Procedures
The Berkeley Unified School District is committed to provide an educational environment free of unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature including sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct or communications constituting sexual harassment, as defined and otherwise prohibited by state and federal law.
- Contact Site Administrator (Principal or Department Head)
- If the incident involves students only, contact the Student Services Office, 510-883-5224.
- If the incident involves a BUSD employee, contact the Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources Department, 510-644-6150.
- Absence Certificate – Electronic
- Certificated In-Service Credit Form
- Change of Address, Telephone or Name Form
- Designation of Beneficiary
- Emergency Contact Information
- Leave Request Form
- NCLB Certificate of Compliance
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Request for Course Approval
- Request for Information from Medical Provider
- Request for Transfer Application
- Separation from BUSD Form
- Sick Leave Transfer Form
- Substitute Medical Stipend Application
- Vacation Leave Request Form