BUSD is offering free student COVID-19 testing at all BUSD Summer School campuses for all students whose parents/guardians indicate they would like to participate. We are encouraging all families to take part in student testing to help keep our students, staff, and teachers as safe as possible. Please see important information around the testing process and dates for each campus below.
BUSD has partnered with PMH Laboratory Inc to perform the testing. The District will have nurses on hand, in addition to the nurses provided by the testing agency, to collect samples with the mouth swab test.
Important Student Testing Information
- Student testing is optional. Only complete the forms if you are interested in having your student tested every two weeks.
- There is a one-time online registration form that must be completed. See Step #1 directions below.
- Test Request Form (see step-by-step instructions below) must be completed for each testing day by 8:15 am, but no earlier than 24 hours before the test. We need these online documents by 8:15am each day in order to print and sort these documents for each student requesting testing.
- Please make sure all information is completed for each form in order to receive your results and process the test accurately.
- Results can be expected 48 to 72 hours post-test date and will be sent to the email provided by the student’s parent/guardian.
- If your student has a positive test, BUSD district nurses will reach out with next steps for your student immediately.
- Testing documents can be completed online at the links below, or printed and filled out at home and sent with your student. We will manage all paperwork either way.
Test Dates and Times for Middle School and High School Students
Longfellow Middle School
Tuesdays-June 15th, 29th
Testing from 10am to 12pm
Berkeley High School
Testing from 9:30am to 11am
Documents Needed for Testing
For your student to be eligible to be tested, the following steps are required. There is no cost for the testing. Please read all four steps carefully.
STEP 1: ONE-TIME REGISTRATION WITH PMH LABORATORIES
Fill out all areas of the form that have an *. In the area below on the form (see picture), please enter the client # (school code) from the list below for your preschool or elementary school. Please only enter the number, not the schools’ name.
For the two answers below that, please enter “PCR” which is the mouth swab test.
|Summer School Locations||CLIENT #|
|Berkeley High School||#1584|
STEP 2: EVERY TEST DAY-TEST REQUEST FORM
Must be completed by 8:15 am the morning of the test. Can be completed up to 24 hours before the test.
The form at the link below needs to be filled out before your child takes a test each time, as it asks for any underlying conditions and possible Covid-19 symptoms or exposure. This must be completed online by 8:15am on test day, or your child can bring the form to school with them.
Downloadable Testing Forms
You can also download these three forms and have your student bring them on testing day.