The Superintendent’s Gender Equity and Sexual Harassment Advisory Committee (GESHAC) plays a key role in supporting the district to achieve its mission by providing an open forum for discussing issues related to gender equity that affect students in BUSD. The Committee receives updates on BUSD programs and initiatives, reviews anonymous data on equity issues, and makes annual recommendations to the Superintendent on areas of growth in the district’s ongoing efforts to create an equitable learning environment for all students.
Areas for advisement include:
- Prevention of sexual harassment and all forms of discrimination based on actual or perceived sex, gender, gender identity and expression and sexual orientation
- Consent, sex education and sexual safety for students, families and staff
- Restorative practices for students that caused harm
- Issues affecting gender equity including gender identity and expression
- Issues affecting LGBTQ+ students
- Improvement to the district’s response including supportive measures and investigations
The Superintendent’s Gender Equity and Sexual Harassment Advisory Committee (GESHAC) is composed of 16 voting members including representatives from the high school, middle schools, elementary schools, community at large members and student representatives.
GESHAC is co-staffed by the district’s Title IX Coordinator and Compliance Officer, and the Director of Student Services.
Superintendent’s Budget Advisory Committee Meeting Information
The Gender Equity Advisory Committee is an advisory committee to the Superintendent, and is thus not subject to the provisions of the Brown Act. However,
Meetings are held in person and via Zoom. Contact Civil Rights and Compliance Office at 510-486-9338 for Zoom information.
Meetings will resume in Fall of 2023
Records from 2022-2023:
|Minutes & Recordings
|October 11, 2022
|November 15, 2022
|December 13, 2022
|January 10, 2023
|February 16, 2023
|April 13, 2023
|May 16, 2023