1005 Parker Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Stephen Collins, Maintenance Manager
Sofia Peltz, Sustainability Program Coordinator
The vision of the Sustainability Master Plan is that all Berkeley students have access to healthy, green school buildings and grounds and hands-on environmental and outdoor education.
The Sustainability Program serves as a leader for sustainability initiatives across the District. Since 2018, when the District adopted a Sustainability Plan, we have undertaken a wide range of initiatives to improve the sustainability of our school campuses. We are working to eliminate the District’s carbon emissions, increase water resiliency, build healthy communities, and increase nature-based education for all students. Stakeholder and community engagement is an important part of this process. We have hosted and will continue to offer various opportunities for community engagement. To stay informed on District-wide sustainability efforts, accomplishments, and volunteer opportunities please become a member of the BUSD Sustainability Google Forum and check out our monthly newsletter.
Would you like to be a sustainability champion at your school campus? Here are a few tips!
- Join a green team or environmental club
- Bring a reusable water bottle to school every day
- Start an idle free campaign to encourage sustainable transportation
- Bring a set of reusable utensils to school
- Encourage your peers to sort waste properly
- Learn how to reduce your waste in Berkeley, CA
- Altamont Advisory Board
- Safe Routes to School
- ReThink Disposables
- The Center for Environmental Health
- City of Berkeley
- Green Schoolyards America
- Teacher Leaders
- Facilities and Maintenance
- Nutrition Services
- Gardening and Cooking Program
News and Media
Follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with student opportunities @busdsustainability
Get involved in our efforts!
We hope that you support BUSD’s commitment to healthy, green school buildings and grounds and hands-on environmental and outdoor education.